CAIRO – 8 June 2021: Egypt’s budget for 2021/2022 shows great attention to replacing petroleum products with natural gas amid unprecedented figures of homes that have access to the energy.
Some L.E.3.5 billion are allocated to the program to supply homes with natural gas in 2021/2022, the same amount of 2020/2021, and the target is 1.2 million families with access to the gas.
A total of L.E.12.1 billion in 2021/2022 are allocated to economic activities, including supplying homes with natural gas and the replacement of vehicles to run on gas instead of diesel and gasoline.
In five years only, 40 percent of 11.8 million housing units operating on natural gas had their supply. The remaining 60 percent were supplied with natural gas over 25 years.